Here’s a test:
I’m holding a baby in one hand and a petri dish holding a fetus in the other.
I’m going to drop one. You chose which.
If you really truly believe a fetus is the same thing as a baby, it should be impossible for you to decide. You should have to flip a coin, that’s how impossible the decision should be.
Shot in the dark, you saved the baby.
Because you’re aware there’s a difference.
Now admit it
Look I’m sorry but the petri dish is holding an embryo. It’d have to be a big-ass petri dish to fit a fetus in it. And yeah, I saved the fuckin’ baby but whatever.
Oh West Wing, so awesome
- Charlie: Sir, I could do most of this myself.
- President Bartlet: I love doing this.
- Charlie: Really?
- President Bartlet: Yeah.
- Charlie: Filing tax returns?
- President Bartlet: Yeah!
- Charlie: Okay.
- President Bartlet: What?
- Charlie: I was just thinking about the plurality of Americans who made the decision to pull a lever that had your name next to it.
- President Bartlet: Suckers!